If Only.........

Isn't it amazing the amount of time we spend finding fault with ourselves and with others, wishing things were different than they are, ruing other people's good luck and our bad one? I should think about one-third of our conscious time is spent in the above thoughts, if not more!

I have spent my time thinking any or more of the following:

  • If only I had an enriching job.........
  • If only I had more money.........
  • If only I had better relationships.........
  • If only I could travel more..........
  • If only I did not have to dull chores .........
  • If only people read my blog more........
  • If only I could influence people more.......
  • If only people liked me more.......
Suddenly it struck me that the first two things I was wishing for were the same I had consciously rejected! I myself chose to be a homemaker, to do my family's cooking and washing, to not be a part of the corporate rat-race (which would relate to fatter pay packets). I myself have opted for utilizing my time as I wish, and not according to the dictats of other people.  Then why am I cribbing?

As far as the other wishes were concerned, well I can still have them. All I need to do is organize my time better and work smarter!

See how pointless it is, this meaningless hankering for what we don't have, instead of appreciating what we do? And most of what we wish is well within our control. We need to just change our perception and attitude.

And most of all we need to LOVE OURSELVES. We are UNIQUE and we need to realize that. NOT BLAME OURSELVES, JUST ACCEPT.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Supported Publishing - Boon or Scam?

The Unbearable Weight of Appearing Happy and Successful 24/7

The Otherisation of Bengalis in Present-day India