Have You Invoked Your Inner Shakti this Puja?

Yes, its that time of the year. 
Kaash phool (Image Source: WB Tourism Facebook Site)

Flowers like Shiuli (Night-flowering Jasmineand Chhatim (Alstonia scholaris have scented the autumn air. with a heady touch. The rains are retreating, and fluffy clouds fly in a clear, blue sky. Kaash phool (kans grass) dot the countryside in eastern India. 


Time has come for Okaal Bodhon of Ma Durga. 

People all over India are preparing for Navratri and Durga Pujo - the worship of the Mother Goddess (Shakti/Durga)

The Mother Goddess - Shakti/Durga/Amba

As a woman, this time has special significance for me. I feel quite privileged to be a woman, to share Ma's gender, her status as mother and wife, and most importantly as a self-sufficient woman.

So, here's how I plan to assert my inner Shakti:

👉 I will reserve time for myself, my recuperation, my well-being. In short, prioritize my mental and physical well-being. Which means cutting down on cooking, cleaning, washing, chores, worries, tension. I deserve a holiday like the holy Mother too!

👉 I will say no. - to unnecessary conflicts, unwelcome guests, undesired associations. I will not be a people pleaser. Ma Durga/Parvati/Sati married the love of her life in the face of all opposition, didn't she? Then settled down for a life of hardship with her ascetic husband in Kailasa. She was confident, she wanted and chose her life.

👌 I will spend time in looking good. Things like buying new clothes (mostly saris), accessories, grooming myself, prioritizing eating and sleeping properly. Have to match the Goddess' vibe, no?

👎 I will not mistreat or abuse anyone. If the demon exists in the mind, I will invoke my noble inner being to show me the right way.

✋ I will walk alone when required. If Ma can fight the demon single-handedly, do tapasya for marrying Shiva, traverse the journey from  Mt. Kailasa to earth on her own, then I can deal with my troubles confidently as well. Without anyone's crutches.

👏 I will celebrate my success, my achievements, my learnings, even my failures. Whatever has happened has taught me something, so it needs to be lauded. I will refrain from self-criticism and guilt. Devi Durga cared two hoots about the naysayers and the doubters.


With these resolutions, I will prepare for Pujo/Navratri 2023.

Give me the strength of conviction to be your shadow, Ohh Mother. 🙏


#DurgaPuja

#Navratri

#MaAshche

#MaDurga

#PujaVibes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Supported Publishing - Boon or Scam?

The Unbearable Weight of Appearing Happy and Successful 24/7

The Otherisation of Bengalis in Present-day India