How I overcome lethargy

There are times when I just don't feel like working. Just feel like vegetating or relaxing. When the few steps to the kitchen or to the work station seem like a hundred miles. Or just picking up the laptop and opening a file seems a cumbersome task.

Yes, I am sure you face such situations too. Mental or physical lethargy is quite common, and more debilitating than people care to admit.

I would like to share with you what I do to counter that oh-so-much-work-why-should-I-even-start feeling.

  • I just sit and let that moment pass. Doing nothing for a while spurs me, and then I want to do something. Letting your mind do nothing is also necessary.

  • I check my LinkedIn/Facebook feed. This is where I get new content ideas from.
  • I take a break and chat on WhatsApp, This is a guilty pleasure that I indulge in once too often, only to realize that I have better things to do :((

  • I look at my plants or just take a stroll around. Or I stand in the balcony staring outside. This diverts my mind and I feel fresh once again.

  • I think of the pay-offs. Trust me, this really works. Imagining my child's happy face when she tastes my cooking, or thinking about how my blogs will influence readers, energizes me like no other.

  • I just start working anyway. Though this is not very desirable, I start working, grumbling in my mind all the while. And soon I realize that it is not so bad after all. Before I know it, I am busy with work once again!

So there, I have told you my tips for overcoming lethargy.

Doing nothing is tempting, but doing something is more worthwhile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Supported Publishing - Boon or Scam?

The Unbearable Weight of Appearing Happy and Successful 24/7

The Otherisation of Bengalis in Present-day India